Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bags n Stuff



Dianna Weaver is the Owner of etsy shop bagsnstuff. In her shop you find a variety of gift like her just ponies in almost any material from skulls to ladybugs! She also makes notecards from pictures she has taken that make perfect thank you notes or gift tags! Here is my short interview with Dianna


Q: What do you love about etsy? I love Etsy for the way it is set up. Etsy has it all fixed so everything to do with setting up your shop is so easy to do. I like the forums because when you have questions, you can post them there and get so many answers from lots of people. Everyone is so helpful for new people coming in to open up a shop and of course us ole timers too. I like the threads too, especially the B N R threads, they are so fun and you get to talk to lots of great people. I get lots of neat gifts from the B n R thread.I just love all of Etsy.


Q: How long have you been crafting? well about 47 years at least. I took all the art classes in high school, now that was many years back. I had a major and minor in art. I did lots of crafty things while in highschool too.


Q: What inspires your crafting? I love taking pictures and I love lots of bright colors. Some times I dream of things and then get up and make whatever was in my dream, guess I sleep and think at the same time . Fabrics sometimes get me going off on another craft adventure.


Q: Tell us a funny or interesting story related to your craft? I crochet on flip flops, I use the fancy yarns, ribbons, lace, beads and what ever else I can find to make them different from any one elses. When at a festival in Illinois, all my flips were on a large wooden stand, there was a group of ladies with their kids. They all had there shoes off and trying on the flip flops, they were saying try these on and passing them to each other, and their kids had there shoes off too doing the same thing. I took pictures of them all having such a good time ...they did not know it. It was just fun watching them pick out their own special pair of flip flops. My flips were all over the ground but I had a tarp on the ground to keep them from getting dirty. These ladies ended up buying 8 pairs of flip flops, they even bought them for their grandkids that were not there. They wanted to know if I would be back there next year and of course I said I sure will be...they said they would see me next year and get more of the flips from me then. so that was pretty exciting for me and fun for them too.

Dianna also makes these wonderful glass marble magnets in a variety of themes. At the moment She is exclusively on etsy so get over there and check out her shop at http://bagsnstuff.etsy.com .

1 comment:

Earmark Social said...

what a cute magnet set - wyred your blog is lovely and your jewelry is just wonderful!