Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lu-Ville




Isn't this little guy I mean girl amazing! She was handcrafted by Luanne just for me! Luanne makes these glass bead dragons (yes that's right not only is it a sculpture but it is also a beads)names them and they even have birth certificates. You can have one custom made to your pick of colors and name. Not only does she make dragons (they just happen to be my favorite) but she also makes frogs, cats,dogs, beads and whole assortment of great things. Luanne is on the list to have a liver transplant and has to make many trips to the mayo clinic which is quite a distance from where she lives her sales on etsy help to pay for some of her trips . Here is my short interview with Luanne of sheltie19


Q. What do you love about etsy? I love the fact that everything is homemade. and it is such a great community of people.. I can get things that I would normally not be able to get.. and since I don't have a car.. it is great to be able to have things delivered to my door.


Q. Do you consider this a business or a hobby? Both I guess... the extra money is much needed right now with all my dr. bills and trips up to rochester... doing this has been so great for me.. I finally have something to do with myself everyday.. and I so love to make things.. even my dr.'s say it is really good for me to do this.


Q. What is your favorite meduim to work with? I would have to say glass.. I am totally addicted to my glass. I so love to create my little dragons,, and beads.. when I am out in my studio.. I am in my own little world of peace.. it is so relaxing to me when I am creating with my glass.




Q. What inspires you? I can't put a finger on one thing that inspires me.. there are many things. somedays it my disaase the inspires me.. and others it is things I see or do.. or someone else... my critters inspire me too.. my hubby supports me.. but isn't into it at all.



Q. Tell us a funny story about yourself! Well,... there are way too many to even tell.. but I guess one thing that is pretty funny is.. well with my disease I have times that my brain is totally foggy... I went on a business trip with my hubby.. we were out to eat with another employee. Well there we were in a busy restarant,,, and out of nowhere.. I suddenly and very loudly mind you.. say utnmsetitghwseiweatuia... it was a mess of goobly gosh,,, I was so embarassed... and looked down cause my face was so red.. later I said to my hubby.. He does know I am sick right... and he goes... with a snicker.. well he sure does now.



Q. Where else can we find your work? I have some of my work on http://www.beadartists.org/Gal4392_Sheltie19_s_Gallery.asp

Q. Is there anything else you would like to add? I just wanted to let everyone know how deeply I appreciate all their kindness and support and help... I could of never done a couple of my trips up to rochester without all of you... You guys are a bigger part of the reason I get up everyday and actually do something and not just give up.. there is no words for how grateful I am for all of you.. Such big caring group of people.. and I thank God everyday I have found you all

Not only does Luanne work with glass but she makes candles, lip balm and cards on days that she can't get out to torch So get over there and check out her shop http://sheltie19.etsy.com

No comments: