Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Taking the time to find your target market is a really important step to make sure you are using your marketing resources to their fullest potential. Your target market simply put are the people who are most likely to buy your product.
When trying to determine your target market it is important especially for small business with a low start up fund to narrow down their market as much as possible as your business grows than you can broaden your target market. Time to get out your pen paper remember the more specific and narrow you get the better your marketing efforts will be, and not all of these questions will apply to you, and if you have more things you can do it.
1. Gender male or female? You may have both but use the higher percentage here
2. Age? What is the age group of the people most likely to buy from you try to stay within a 20 year limit here.
4. What types of position if the workforce do they hold?
5. Salaries what is the approximate salary of your customer base?
6. Lifestyles ie are they people who would be likely to use a computer? Are they fast paced type people, do they have children and if so what does that say about their lifestyle etc as much as you can think of here as this may end up giving you some ideas about where you should market to these people.
These should get you started tomorrow I will discuss some market research questions to ask yourself.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
* you can get a free newsletter subscriber for your site through ://bravenet.com
* you can submit articles here or snatch some articles http://www.articlesnatch.com/
* And someone mentioned You Tube this can also be a great source of viral marketing especially if you have some funny or important stuff in your video give people a reason to watch it and to want to show all their friends!
Again I would love any feedback maybe you have tried some of these or maybe you have some more suggestions I would love to see them!
Monday, June 16, 2008
So what is viral marketing? It sounds a bit icky and like you might need some antibiotics after or a vaccination at some point....
Viral marketing simply put is whatever means you use to get people to spread your advertising message for you and using their contacts.
Hot mail is one of the most popular examples and for good reason there viral marketing was one of the best
They offered a free email address
When customers that received said email address sent an email at the bottom of their email it said sign up for your free email @....
So they literally used their customers mailing lists to grow themselves
So right now your probably thinking great for hot mail but how does that apply to me?
*A good way to get started is link exchange encourage people to exchange links with you so that you are putting yourself in their loop of contacts and vise versa
* Write articles for websites to use for free on their site. Everyone knows something that other people want to know make it informative and include links to your site. The more useful your content the better this will work.
* Newsletters If you don't have one its a good idea to start one and when you are having some type of special, contest etc send the newsletter out and always remind people to forward the newsletter on at the end sometimes people just need a reminder.
* FREE this word is one of the most viral words in the dictionary people love something FREE! Have a contest or giveaway (don't forget to email your contacts and tell them to pass it on!) Give away samples of your product whenever possible. If it's not feasible to give away product or service in your business then give FREE information that people want to know.
* Include a tag line and your URL for your signature on all out going emails and on forums that allow signatures. Try sending a funny joke that people will want to pass on with your signature on the bottom.
* Start an affiliate or referral program (this is a pretty in depth subject that I will get into more at a later date)
* Send a press release to local newspapers or send them articles of interest and include your contact info website etc.
These are just some ideas to get you started hopefully they will keep you busy until my next marketing post a ton more great ideas coming keep checking back . I would love to hear more ideas on viral marketing or which one's you try leave me a comment .
While writing this I realized I am in some need of links exchanges if interested let me know
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
As the warm weather starts to nudge it's way in yard sale season kicks off and I do love a good yard sale what could be better.... well how about if it was handcrafted items, and you didn't have to worry about the weather, you could shop all the sales easily and in your p.j's ! When some fellow etsians started talking about a sale like this I was all in! All you have to do is put the word YART in your searches and tons of discounted quality products in all categories will be at your feet well on your screen for viewing and buying pleasure! Here are some examples of items you may see from some fab sellers!
Such a cute baby hat and bootie set from capecodconsignments
Saturday, June 7, 2008
I love love love this fab purse from loveamarie
Thursday, June 5, 2008
I could eat those banana's by berarlymakingit they look yummy!
The diet is only for 7 days so I think I will live.... Just not as happily but if I lose a little weight it will all be worth it!